Trailblazer Grant Application-Selection Process
Applications open: Tuesday, 7 November, 2017
Applications close: Sunday, 28 January, 2017
Shortlisted applicants notified: Monday, 5 February, 2018
Interviews and judging: During February 2018
Recipients announced: Mid-March, 2018
Recipient briefing session: End of March 2018
Application and Selection Process
Eligible applicants can apply through the online portal from Tuesday, 7 November, 2017 to Sunday, 28 January, 2018. Applicants will be required to complete all sections and submit supporting documentation. The online application can be saved and completed in stages. Applicants will receive email confirmation upon submission. To check eligibility, see Grant eligibility criteria below.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email by Monday, 5 February, 2018 and will be provided with guidelines to assist in their interview preparation. Interviews will be conducted during February 2018 by a judging panel of four academic, civic and business leaders.
The Brisbane Convention Bureau will take advice from the judging panel to determine the successful applicants from those shortlisted. All applicants will receive notification of the final outcome by mid-March 2018.
To be eligible to apply for a Lord Mayor's Convention Trailblazer Grant, each applicant must (at the time of application):
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be an Australian citizen and eligible for an Australian passport; and
- Live in a suburb, or work for an organisation, that is located within the Brisbane Regional Tourism Organisation Boundary (see FAQs for details). This criterion will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible for a Trailblazer Grant, the international association conference proposed by each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Rotate between at least three countries;
- Attract a minimum of 200 participants and have a minimum two-day duration;
- Take place between 1 April, 2018 and 30 June, 2019; and
- Ideally, have the potential to be held in Brisbane in the next 10 years.
Note: If the conference does not meet all of the above criteria, please contact us for more information. Full terms and conditions of the grant can be viewed here.