Trailblazer Grant Application-Selection Process
Applications open: Wednesday, 16 October, 2019
Applications close: Sunday, 12 January, 2020
Shortlisted applicants notified: Monday, 3 February, 2020
Interviews and judging: Mid-February, 2020
Recipients announced: March, 2020
Recipient briefing session: April, 2020
Application and Selection Process
Eligible applicants can apply through the online portal from Wednesday 16 October 2019 to Sunday 12 January 2020. Applicants will be required to complete all sections and submit supporting documentation. The online application can be saved and completed in stages. Applicants will receive an email confirmation upon submission. To check eligibility, see Grant eligibility criteria on page 6 of this prospectus.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Monday 3 February 2020, and will be provided with guidelines to assist in their interview preparation. Interviews will be conducted during February 2020 by a judging panel of four academic, civic and business leaders.
Brisbane Marketing will take advice from the judging panel to determine the successful applicants from those shortlisted. All applicants will receive notification of the outcome in March 2020.
To be eligible to apply for a Lord Mayor's Convention Trailblazer Grant, each applicant must (at the time of application):
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Live in a suburb, or work for an organisation, that is located within the Brisbane Regional Tourism Organisation Boundary (see FAQs for details). This criterion will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible for a Trailblazer Grant, the international association conference proposed by each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be run by an association
- Rotate between at least three countries;
- Attract a minimum of 200 participants and have a minimum two-day duration;
- Take place between 1 June, 2020 and 30 June, 2021; and
- Have the potential to be held in Brisbane in the next 10 years. Consider when the event was last held in Brisbane or Australia and whether it is already confirmed for Brisbane/Australia for a future year.
Note: If the conference does not meet all the above criteria, please contact us for more information. Full terms and conditions of the grant can be viewed here.