Lord Mayor's Business Awards Categories
There are 11 categories open for nomination plus the Optus Business Platinum Award at the 2019 Lord Mayor's Business Awards.
The 2019 nomination categories are:
- CCIQ Award for Outstanding Small Business: companies with five to no more than 20 employees displaying excellence in running a small business in Brisbane.
- Award for Outstanding Micro Business: companies with zero to four employees, including sole traders, displaying excellence in running a micro business in Brisbane.
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation: companies which demonstrate product or process innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation: companies which demonstrate business model or marketing innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- ISPT Award Outstanding Social Enterprise: companies operating in Brisbane and making a significant social impact through their business ventures, regardless of company size.
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment in Brisbane: companies which established new divisions or projects in Brisbane during the 2017/18 and 2018/19 financial year.
- ANZ Award for High Growth Business Start-Up: high growth – potential start-up companies that are tackling global markets and are aiming to achieve rapid growth through technological or business model innovation.
- Yurika Award for Environmental Sustainability in Business: companies operating in Brisbane which demonstrate excellence in green business practices and sustainable energy use. Nominations may be for a single initiative or an overall strategy within a company.
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia: recognition of outstanding performance in building trade between Brisbane and Asia in service, manufacturing or value-added industries.
- Singapore Airlines Award for Young Business Person of the Year: individuals who are 35 years and under, and who have had significant success benefiting both their company and the City of Brisbane.
- The Courier-Mail Award for Business Person of the Year: individuals who have had outstanding achievement and contribution to Brisbane business.
- Optus Business Platinum Award: for outstanding business contribution in 2018/19 is awarded to the most outstanding category winner.
About the Lord Mayor's Business Awards