Nominations for the 2017 Lord Mayor's Business Awards open on 17 May. The Lord Mayor's Business Awards team welcomes Brisbane businesses and entrepreneurs who have made outstanding contributions to the continued growth of our economy to apply. Once you have created your account and logged on you will be able to access and view the 2017 Nomination categories.
A mandatory requirement of nomination is that you should currently operate in the Local Government Area of the City of Brisbane at the time of nomination, judging of the Awards and the Awards ceremony in 2017. If you have any queries, please contact the Lord Mayor’s Business Awards team via the contact us button on the website or phone the office on (07) 3006 6200.
The 2017 nomination categories are:
- Australia Tradecoast Award for Outstanding Small Business: companies with no more than 20 employees displaying excellence in running a small business in Brisbane.
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation: companies which demonstrate product or process innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- APLNG Award for Business Innovation: companies which demonstrate business model or marketing innovation and competitiveness in the national or global market, regardless of company size.
- ISPT Award Digital Adoption Strategy: companies demonstrating the most significant advancements achieved in their business using digital technology.
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment in Brisbane: companies which established new divisions or projects in Brisbane during the 20015/16 and 2016/17 financial year.
- ANZ Award for High-Growth Business Start-Up: high growth-potential start-up companies that are tackling global markets and are aiming to achieve rapid growth through technological or business model innovation.
- Energex Award for Sustainability in Business: companies operating in Brisbane which demonstrate excellence in green business practices and sustainable energy use. Nominations may be for a single initiative or an overall strategy within a company.
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia: recognition of outstanding performance in building trade between Brisbane and Asia in service, manufacturing or value-added industries.
- Singapore Airlines Award for Young Business Person of the Year: individuals who are 35 years and under, and who have had significant success benefiting both their company and the city of Brisbane.
- Channel Seven Award for Business Person of the Year: individuals who have had outstanding achievement and contribution to Brisbane business.
- Optus Business Platinum Award: for outstanding business contribution in 2016/17 is awarded to the most outstanding category winner.