Lord Mayor's Business Awards now taking nominations
2 June 2016
Do you believe your business has what it takes to become a Lord Mayor's Business Awards winner?
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk is calling for nominations for this year's prestigious awards, which recognise the achievements and contributions of local businesses to Australia's New World City.
The Lord Mayor's Business Awards are celebrating their 11th year in 2016, and provide a chance to highlight the contributions the business community makes to the city's $146 billion economy.
Cr Quirk said the awards were a chance to showcase the achievements of the variety of businesses we have here in Brisbane.
"Our businesses are pivotal in generating economic activity which has led to an increasing number of international decision-makers choosing Brisbane for business, investment, study and conventions," Cr Quirk said.
PharmaData took out the Australia TradeCoast Award for Small Business Growth at last year's awards and CEO and Co-founder Guy Mckenzie said the team continued to encourage digital development in pharmacy.
"Winning the Lord Mayor's Business Awards last year has really helped shine a light on the solutions we provide to the pharmaceutical industry as Brisbane-based business, data and retail experts who understand pharmacy," Mr Mckenzie said.
Nominations are open until 5pm, 22 July, with the finalists announced in September ahead of the awards Gala Dinner on Friday 28 October.
The 2016 winners will be announced at that event, where they will join LMBA winners from past years.
Visit lmba.com.au for more information.
There are 11 award categories in total, with eight open to businesses:
- Australia TradeCoast Award for Small Business Growth
- Brisbane Times Award for Business Innovation
- ISPT Award for Digital Strategy
- Clayton Utz Award for Corporate Citizenship
- ANZ Made in Brisbane Award for High-growth Business StartUp
- Energex Award for Sustainability in Business
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia
- Port of Brisbane Award for New Investment
There are two awards open to individuals:
- Singapore Airlines Young Business Person of the Year Award
- Channel 7 Business Person of the Year Award
One outstanding category winner (chosen from a business award winner):
- Optus Business Platinum Award
- Friday 22 July - Nominations close at 5pm
- Early September - Finalists announced
- Friday 28 October - Gala Dinner and winners announced