Griffith English Language Institute
Founded in 1990, Griffith English Language Institute (GELI) has welcomed students from more than 48 countries around the world. Its students enjoy the advantage of studying at an institute backed by the reputation of Griffith University, ranked in the world top 400 universities. GELI is known for high-quality teaching and innovation, and more than 80 per cent of its teachers have postgraduate qualifications in TESOL, Education and Applied Linguistics.
The multi award-winning GELI is located on Griffith University’s Nathan, Mt Gravatt and Gold Coast campuses. Each with a dedicated Independent Learning Centre (ILC) where students can practise English skills outside class. Students also have access to Griffith’s facilities including libraries, computer labs, sporting facilities, health and welfare services.
- General English (GE): improve your general language proficiency for study, work or travel purposes
- English for Academic purposes (EAP): available for students with intermediate/higher English levels wishing to continue an academic pathway.
- English Test Preparation (ETP): for students who are planning to take an external English language test such as IELTS or ISLPR.
- Direct Entry Program Preparation (DEP prep): five-week introductory program for students planning to continue on to the Direct Entry Program (DEP) to Griffith University.
- Direct Entry Program (DEP): intensive academic English program designed as a pathway for entry into Griffith University or Queensland Institute of Business and Technology (QIBT).
- Griffith UniPrep: intensive three-week preparation program designed for students starting a degree at Griffith University.