The University of Queensland
We are Queensland’s only university ranked in the top 50 as measured by the QS World University Rankings and we are also one of Australia's leading education institutions with:
- more awards for teaching excellence than any other Australian university
- exceptional program choice across a wide range of study areas at undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degree levels
- opportunities for students to gain practical experience and make valuable connections with prospective employers through internships and work placements
- the chance to study part of their degree overseas at one of the University’s many partner institutions
A degree from The University of Queensland (UQ) shows you have achieved a globally competitive standard of excellence at one of the world's most respected universities. With three campuses based in, and close to, the city of Brisbane, you will join a diverse community of over 52,000 students, including over 15,400 international students from 135 different countries across the globe. The University’s outstanding 250,000-plus alumni include a Nobel laureate, the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, an Academy Award winner, and leaders in government, law, science, public service and the arts.
As a UQ student you will benefit from the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of extracurricular activities during your studies. The UQ Employability Award program offers you the opportunity to further your skills beyond the classroom by participating in a broad range of activities in areas of volunteering and work experience to lay a foundation for success far beyond graduation. There are also exchange opportunities to more than 185 partner institutions in 40 countries and access to more than 200 clubs and societies.
International students who finish their studies at UQ may be eligible to live and work in Australia on a Temporary Graduate Visa.
- 48 – QS World University Ranking
- 42 – US News Best Global Universities Rankings
- 55 – Academic Ranking of World Universities
- 69 – Times Higher Education World University Rankings
For more information
CRICOS Provider No. 00025B