Prospective Students

International Students meeting the Lord Mayor at the City Welcome festival

Student visas

If you are looking to study in Brisbane you must have a visa. The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection are responsible for visas.

If you need further information on how to apply for a visa to study in Brisbane and the documentation required by the authorities, contact the Australian Government Embassy and Consulate office near where you live.

The Australian Embassy and Consulate will be able to assist you with details of registered Australian education agents who can help you lodge your visa application.

The Australian Government’s Visa Wizard is a useful tool for you to find out which visa type applies to you.

Short Courses

Students studying a short course may need to apply for a Visitor visa or Working Holiday visa. Use the Australian Government's Visa Wizard to find out which visa applies to you.

If a registered education agent has arranged a short study tour for you, it is possible that they will also handle your visa application.

You must arrange your own travel or private medical insurance if you plan to visit Victoria on one of these visas.

Learn more