Brisbane ups ante with new hotel openings
Brisbane’s accommodation, incentives and events offerings have been bolstered with the launch of Australia’s only W Hotel and the Novotel Brisbane South Bank this month.
The five-star W Brisbane offers approximately 1,100 square metres of vibrant indoor and outdoor event and meeting spaces, which includes a sprawling 595 square metre, pillarless ‘Great Room’ to cater for large productions or conferences of up to 450 guests banquet style - or can be divided into three separate spaces for events of up to 150 guests.
The Novotel Brisbane South Bank offers two flexible function rooms for intimate meetings which can be used separately or combined to suit events from 17 – 145 attendees, while also being a short walk from the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Brisbane Business Events General Manager Juliet Alabaster said the completion of these two hotels will add to the city’s ability to attract conferences and incentive groups.
“The two new hotels form part of the strong pipeline of hotels to open over the next year, allowing Brisbane to cater to a growing demand from the business and leisure tourism market,” she said.
Bookings are now open for both hotels.
By the Numbers:
- 312 – Number of rooms in the W Hotel, all which include a river view
- 32 – Number of suites at the W hotel
- 230 – Number of guests the W Hotel’s foyer can hold for reception style functions
- 20 – Minute drive from Brisbane Airport to either the W Hotel or the Novotel Brisbane South Bank
- 17 – Number of hectares of parkland surrounding the Novotel Brisbane South Bank
- 238 – Number of rooms in the Novotel Brisbane South Bank
- 2 – Hotel restaurants at the Novotel Brisbane South Bank
To book your next event in Brisbane, contact the Brisbane Business Events here.