Last chance to nominate for Lord Mayor’s Business Awards
Updated: 10 July 2019
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner is calling on Brisbane businesses to step forward for a Lord Mayor’s Business Award before nominations close on 19 July.
Cr Schrinner said nominations were being accepted across the 11 categories covering product innovation, environmental sustainability, business leadership and more.
“The Lord Mayor’s Business Awards are about celebrating and recognising local businesses and individuals for their talent, achievements and significant contribution to the Brisbane economy and community,” Cr Schrinner said.
“We shine a much-deserved spotlight on our finalists and winners, bringing greater awareness to their work and helping to open doors to new valuable connections.”
Cr Schrinner reminded prospective nominees that the awards only come around once a year, so now was the time to put their best foot forward.
“Over the awards’ 14-year history, winners have continually set a high bar for the Brisbane business community, and each year the standard and recognition grows,” he said.
“This year will be no exception, with the introduction of two new categories for micro businesses and social enterprises making their mark right here in Brisbane and further afield.
“Many successful and innovative businesses call Brisbane home and I urge those that are helping to raise the profile of Brisbane, build our economy and enrich our social fabric to nominate.”
Nominations close 19 July with winners to be announced at a gala dinner ceremony at City Hall on 18 October.
Nine categories are open to businesses:
- CCIQ Award for Outstanding Small Business
- Award for Outstanding Micro Business
- Queensland Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation
- Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
- ISPT Award for Outstanding Social Enterprise
- Port of Brisbane Award for Investment in Brisbane
- ANZ Award for High Growth Business Start-Up
- Yurika Award for Environmental Sustainability in Business
- HSBC Award for Doing Business in Asia
Two categories open to individuals:
- Singapore Airlines Award for Young Business Person of the Year
- The Courier-Mail Award for Business Person of the Year
A final category will recognise an outstanding overall winner (not open to nominations):
- Optus Business Platinum Award
To nominate, visit lmba.com.au
Other sponsors include: BDO, Channel 7, Epicure and Sirromet.
Media enquiries: Kylie Sully
M: 0411 407 128 | E: [email protected]