Visa Information

International Students riding bikes at Kangaroo Point

The student visa application process can be complicated, and for students in some countries it may be better to submit an application with the assistance of an accredited education agent due to their familiarity and experience in the field

Visas are granted by the Department of Home Affairs. The Department will only grant you a student visa if your course is registered, or is part of a registered course, on a full-time basis. A registered course is one offered by an Australian education provider registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.

What type of visa do you need?

Only courses under three months' duration can be undertaken on a visitor visa or working holiday visa. If you intend to study for more than three months, you must apply for a student visa.

Find out what visa is most suitable for you on the Department of Home Affairs website or talk to your local Australian government office overseas.

If you are granted a visa, you must abide by its conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in the cancellation of your visa. Read the full list of conditions here.